The user interface was originally planned to contain a 128x64 LCD display, a 4x4 hexadecimal keypad and a 5x4 keypad for other keys, a similar interface to those found on some of the 1970s machines like the MK14 and the KIM-1. Over time it became apparent that this was going to be rather useless for controlling a machine that should be capable of dealing with actual text and not just hex numbers, and that a better UI was going to be needed. While waiting for some parts to arrive in February, I got thinking about making a VDU board similar to the one found on the Superboard II, a computer I actually owned at the end of the 1970s. After some research into how this was done, I spent the next several months designing my own VDU board. Here's some pictures of the prototype. PCB and schematics should follow soon.